Desired Qualification & Professional skills:
- Intermediate in PHP, NodeJS or any other web enabled development language
- Good understanding of web servers (nginx or apache) and of database management systems (mongo or mysql or others)
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
Major Job Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Help develop ArabiaWeather’s B2C and B2B web based products
- Learn (Ionic) to help deliver simple data driven mobile applications for both B2B and B2C
- Design of the overall architecture of the web application.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements.
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application.
About ArabiaWeather Inc.
ArabiaWeather is the Arab World's first private weather company and the primary source of weather information/content for Arab audiences. Founded in 2010, ArabiaWeather offers its customers high-quality, multilingual weather services.
ArabiaWeather.com (owned by ArabiaWeather Inc.) publishes accurate, localized weather forecasts for thousands of cities and locations across 22 Arab countries, spanning over 350 million inhabitants.
ArabiaWeather owns and runs a regional operational center that is the largest in the Arab world. The center is equipped with the state-of-the-art weather equipment and devices, and includes a team of passionate weather experts. The operation center is connected to the European Organization for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (Eumetsat), which provides live access to satellite data from Meteosat-9 that covers European and MENA regions. The operation center is also linked to numerical weather prediction databases of UK and European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting. Moreover, it is lined to latest weather observations from thousands of weather stations, Arabian and international airports data.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and qualifications required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.